To get the most of your trip to Barcelona, you need to see certain sights to get the most out of your trip to Barcelona. One of the hardest parts of planning a trip to Barcelona is planning on what to see because there is simply so much.
- Visit Montserrat – It’s easy to Visit Montserrat with comfort with easy transport links from the centre of the city. While technically outside the city, it’s so easy to get to as a day trip and is an unmissable Spanish landmark. This is a great chance to see the amazing landscape of the Catalan region just outside of Barcelona.
- Explore the city on foot – one of the best things to do in Barcelona is to simply walk around and get a taste for the city. One of the best areas to explore is the winding lanes and streets of La Rambla. This area is great for small unique shops and medieval architecture, being one of the oldest areas of the city.
- Explore the sights of Gaudi. He had massive impact on the city of Barcelona and you can see his great works for yourself. From the great Park Guel to Sagrada Familia you will be taken to another world. Many describe this work as magical and often out of this world. Whatever your tastes the sights of Gaudi are a sight to behold.
- Eat – Barcelona has come of the best food options in the world. As a global city you can find cuisine from all over the world but for the real taste of Barcelona, you should try Catalan cuisine. Many top restaurants have great lunch options which will allow you to try amazing food cheaply, always ask for the menu for the day.
- Go for a swim – Being on the Mediterranean, Barcelona has fantastic beaches to relax on. It’s possible to explore the city during the morning and relax on the beach for the afternoon. Amazingly, Barcelona’s beaches are artificially constructed but that doesn’t detract from them being places of pure pleasure.
There is a vast array of things to do in Barcelona, no matter what your interests are you will find sites that will inspire you and entertain. With there being so much to do in Barcelona the best thing to do is to research the sights yourself. There are always events happening in Barcelona and there are constantly events happening within the city.